Rail 9.7 is a long-travel carbon electric mountain bike that gets you to the fun stuff faster. It’s feels and rides just like our rowdiest trail bikes, and it's built with the same trail-specific tech. The difference is that the powerful new Bosch drive system zips up climbs so you can spend less time grinding and more time getting rad.
It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a super capable long-travel e-MTB that’s built to conquer techy runs and big drops just as cleanly as analog trail bikes. You want the light weight and responsive ride of an OCLV Mountain Carbon frame.
The tech you get
An OCLV Mountain Carbon frame that fully encases a 625Wh battery, a 160mm RockShox Yari RC fork, 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe Select+ shock, a Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Purion controller. A 1x12 SRAM NX Eagle drivetrain, Bontrager Line dropper post, powerful 4-piston brakes for confident descents, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels that are already completely tubeless ready, including sealant.
The final word
Rail 9.7 hits the sweet spot of carbon performance and amazing value. It’s spec'd with quality trail-specific parts and a powerful Bosch drive system so you can send it through the rough stuff and motor right back up for another run.
Why you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain—no shuttle or lift necessary
- The full-color Kiox controller displays ride info, connects with your Bluetooth enabled devices, and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness, and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
Wider than standard yet narrower than fat, plus-size rims and tires hit the sweet spot in grip, stability, and speed, giving you more confidence on technical terrain. Compared to a standard tire you’ll feel grip in places you wouldn’t expect thanks to a bigger contact patch and greater rollover clearance. More air volume allows lower tire pressures which softens bumps and increases float on sand or snow. Whether you’re a novice or an expert, the benefits of plus-size tires and rims will amplify your mountain biking fun.
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Bosch Performance CX, magnesium motor body, 250 watt, 75 Nm
|Bosch PowerTube 625
|Bosch Kiox with Anti-theft solution
|Max Assisted Speed
|Bosch standard 4A (100-240V) charger
|OCLV Mountain Carbon main frame, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Knock Block, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, 150mm travel
|RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control RC damper, e-MTB optimized, tapered steerer, 42mm offset, Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel
|Knock Block Integrated, 58-degree radius, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8'' top, 1.5'' bottom
|RockShox Deluxe Select+, 230x57.5mm
Front: 110 x 15 thru-axle
Rear: 148 x 12mm thru-axle
|Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt
|Bontrager alloy, sealed bearing, alloy axle
|Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120 TPI, 29 x 2.60''
|SRAM X1 1000, 165mm length
|SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
|SRAM NX Eagle
|SRAM PG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12 speed
|SRAM NX Eagle single-click, 12 speed
|Bontrager Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise, 780mm width
|Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
|Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0 degree, 60mm length
|Shimano M6120 4-piston hydraulic disc w/Shimano RT76, 203mm, 6-bolt rotors
|VP-536 nylon platform
|Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
|Bontrager Line Dropper, internal routing, 31.6mm, Small: 100mm travel / Medium – X-Large: 150mm travel
* Subject to change without notice.